12/8/11

Mer's Christmas PJ pants

We had the tradition in my house growing up of getting to open 1 gift on Christmas Eve.  It was always pajamas.  I don't remember how far back this goes but the first year I really remember doing it was 1998.  It was the first Christmas my family was in Arizona and my sister and I flew back to Chicago to spend the break (10 days) with my dad.  I wore my Christmas Eve pajamas (which we opened before Christmas) on the plane.  I still have a picture taken at my dad's after we had landed and arrived, in front of the Christmas tree, wearing the pants.

Last year my parents got my girls Christmas pajamas including robes - SO cute.  This year I made the spur of the moment decision, as I stood in front of the flannel at WalMart, to make them Christmas pajama pants to open up Christmas Eve. I let my girls pick out their own flannel.

I used this method, more or less. I just used folded flannel and hemmed them myself.  After all, if I can do it, it's NOT hard at all.  I only had to rip one seam, which, sadly, is good for me.



Gwenna's PJ pants will be next. Here is the flannel she picked out:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!